Canal protection and stabilisation is required for a number of reasons. Our canal piling and bank protection products are available for supply only or supply and installation using our own specialist teams of engineers to complete your canal project.
Our Plastic Canal Piling;
- Is totally maintenance free
- Will not decay or oxidise
- Is much lighter than the steel equivalent – therefore making it easier to handle and transport in locations with limited access
- Has a Class 1 fire rating which is backed with no risk to sparking
- Is made from 100% recycled plastic
- Is available with wood composite fascia for great aesthetics in beautiful locations
- Is easy to scale down onsite
- Is chemically resistant
- Is salt water resistant.
In recent years the UK has seen unprecedented levels of flooding, this has highlighted the need for cost-effective and extremely robust solutions to be put in place to avoid future devastation. All of our canal products seen here offer suitable solutions, Nicospan is also a good option where cost needs to be kept as affordable as possible and bank heights are under one metre.
The Management of Flood Plains and Wetlands
With the main objectives of sustaining wetlands and protecting the rich wildlife that inhabit them, canal piling is now being utilised to elevate water levels, reduce soil erosion and ultimately, to help prevent water draining down to lower ground and then flooding the farmland and properties that lie at risk there.
Nicospan and Plastic piling are lightweight enough to be carried to site in hard to reach areas such as the Broadland and wetlands which is why these are used extensively by associations such as the National Trust, Broads Authority and the Environment Agency.
All our Canal piling materials are made from recycled PVCu and due to the lightweight nature of the products, they can sometimes be installed by hand if ground conditions allow, which then eliminates the need for heavy machinery that could destroy wildlife and fauna in protected areas.
Our piling range is 100% lead-free and made in Britain, in addition to being:
- Versatile and easy to apply to any application
- A very cost effective alternative
- exceedingly strong
- Available in a range of styles
- Easy to transport due to its lightweight advantages
- Reduced or no mechanical handling required
- Made from 100% recycled, lead-free plastic
- Completely maintenance free and does not decay or oxidise
- Does not need painting
- Resistant to most chemicals
Farmers, Trusts, Forestry Commissions and Environmental Protection bodies such as the National Trust, Defra and the Environment Agency choose plastic piling, for several reasons:
- Once installed it will not need any other maintenance work
- All of our Plastic PVCu Canal piling products are made from 100% lead-free recycled plastic, thus promoting sustainability
- These materials won’t rot or rust
- Won’t need painting nor leach chemicals into water
- Due to the lightweight nature of the products, large vehicle access is not required
The UK’s canal banks are subject to erosion due to the increasingChanges in climate and demands on them, which in turn is causing increased water flows. Plastic canal piling can help by creating a protective watertight barrier while at the same time gives an attractive, clean edge to ponds, lakes, rivers and canal banks. If, however you are looking for a solution that is more budget friendly and does not need to take the impact of plastic piling then Nicospan offers a good alternative.
We have a variety of different products available to support a vast range of applications. Our plastic canal piling can be used in many different ways within landscaping, land development and gardening projects.
Canal piling products and Nicospan can be used for soil confinement or to create tiers in gardens and larger areas using a tie-back system. None of these products degrade or rot , some of these are also watertight which means no maintenance is required once it has been installed.
The Log pile offers even greater uniqueness for landscapers and developers. Each section consists of three ‘logs’ extruded together with an interlocking joint on each end, and is readily available in any length of up to 6m long. For further strength, the log piles can be installed with concrete and topped off with soil, with plants added to provide an attractive finish.
These log piles have been exhibited at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in 2014. As with all the canal piling range of products, the Log pile is also made from the same recycled lead-free PVCu. Log pile has a wood composite fascia to give the piling a natural appearance – offering a unique hard engineering option with a natural softer engineering appearance.
We supply all equipment and our services to both domestic and commercial clients throughout Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and nationally across the United Kingdom. For more information and advice about any of our products or lake construction, lake maintenance or lake design services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 3891990.